12 Apr 2015

Writing | Part 2 An article

See below the answers to the exercises for homework for April 14th.

The final task of this series of exercises it to write an article.

Remember:
It is important to identify who is going to read your article.
This will determine what you include in your article 
and the style you use.

See below the answers to the exercises for homework for April 14th.
As usual, remember to discuss your views in class and share them with the whole group.


Student’s book, page 26/27

Exercise 6. These are suggested answers
2. I was staying with my aunt. My aunt (she) is a keen cook.
3. I was soon doing things. They were more complicated.
4. I went back to school after the summer. I decided to do cookery lessons.
5. Friends come round to my house. i often cook them (my friends) something.
6. For me, cooking is one fo the most creative and useful free-time activities. Anyone can do it (cook).

Exercise 7. These are suggested answers
1. I was 13 when I started running seriously / I started running seriously when I ws 13.
2. My aunt, who is a keen athlete, encouraged me.
3. I go running most days when/after I have finished school and done my homework.
4. Running is a sport which/that gets you really fit.

Exercise 8. These are suggested answers
1. I started windsurfing when I was 13 and I was staying with friends by the sea.
2. One of my friends, who is a keen windsurfer, encouraged me to start because she thought I would enjoy it.
3. I kept falling into the sea to start with because it was a fairly windy day and there were a lot of waves.
4. I did not enjoy it at first because I had to concentrate quite hard, but I carried on trying.
5. I started to windsurf quite fast, which was exciting, so I started to find it quite enjoyable.

Exercise 9
1. satisfying, relaxing fascinating, wonderful
2. creative, useful
3. competent

Exercise 10
feelings about an activity: 
astonishing, delightful, depressing, dreadful, entertaining, exhausting, incredible, irritating, superb, tremendous, unbelievable.
the type of activity: 
competitive, demanding, economical, popular, time-consuming

Exercise 11.
This is not exactly a key for the exercise; and the exercise itself is a reminder of what you have to consider before writing your article in the next exercise.
Remember to decide:
+ on a title, so that it encourages people to read it.
+ how many paragraphs, the main idea of each of them.
Also,
+ write a plan
+ think about the vocabulary you will use.

No comments:

Post a Comment